Member development is a huge part of Kariaotahi and the wider Surf Life Saving movement.
As a club we strive to give our people the opportunity to upskill in a wide range of disciplines. It all starts with the base lifeguard or patrol support training, and from there you can branch out as you wish. Opportunities include, but are not limited to:
· Powercraft (inflatable rescue boats, rescue watercraft)
· First aid (up to pre-hospital emergency care)
· Leadership (local, regional, national and international courses)
· Instructing and examining
· Operations in rocky terrain
· Coastguard/NZSAR courses (e.g. VHF, CIMS)
The development which happens at Kariaotahi can be applied in a number of areas stretching far beyond surf lifesaving, and this contributes massively to the high calibre of our membership that volunteer currently or have done in the past. Where do you see yourself developing?
Membership is $50 pp or $100 for a family. Apply now for membership with SLSNZ
If you're interested in becoming a member of Surf Life Saving Kariaotahi drop us a line!!